Botanical Name: Pogostemon Cablin
Plant Part: Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A golden orange to dark reddish brown liquid
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A base note with a medium aroma, Patchouli has an earthy aroma with light fruity notes.
Blends well with: Sandalwood, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Rose, Orange, Cassia, Myrrh and Opoponax.
Product Abstract: Patchouli is a very fragrant herb with soft oval leaves and square stems. It grows from 2 to 3 feet in height and provides an unusual odor that is nonetheless characteristic of patchouli when the leaves are rubbed. It became very popular throughout the British Empire when silks and cashmere shawls from India were packed with Patchouli to discourage insects during shipping, the scent being the final proof of origin. Genuine India Ink was also scented with it. Patchouli improves with age, and the aged oil is what is preferred over that which is freshly harvested. In aromatherapy and perfumery, Patchouli provides an excellent fixative that can help extend other, more expensive oils. The color of the oil is affected by the distillation machine; if the young leaves are distilled in a stainless steel vessel, the oil will be light, but if done in an iron vessel, the color will be dark.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Steam-Distilled: Indonesia
- Organic Grade: Indonesia
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days