Calamine powder is a composition of zinc oxide combined with some amounts of ferric oxide. The signature peachy pink colour of calamine powder is due to the presence of small amounts of ferric oxide.
- It has a calming effect on the skin and also possesses toning ability.
- This powder is one of the most absorbing and soothing clay as well.
- It is traditionally used as an antiseptic.
- Calamine powder is mainly used to tackle skin redness, skin itching in summers and other skin irritations.
- The presence of iron (in the form of ferric oxide) in Calamine powder (when used as a face mask) increases the circulation of the facial skin
- It also soothes irritated, acne-prone and sensitive skin.
- Colour: Peachy Pink
- Texture: Fine Powder
Skin Suitability: Normal/Oily Skin
Applications: Handmade Soaps, Face masks, Face Scrubs
Shelf Life*: 2 Years
*Shelf Life begins on the date of manufacture and is defined as the shelf life of an ingredient when it is stored and handled properly. The Shelf Life is offered as a general guideline. It should not be considered to be an expiration date. Many ingredients are usable beyond the stated date, especially when stored and handled very carefully.
Storage: Store in a non-metal airtight container at room temperature away from sunlight.
Caution: Clays should always be first tried using a "patch" test to see if it suits the skin. Also, some clays are rich in iron oxide and may be absorbed by the pores and result in staining of the skin. Always follow up with coconut oil massage to remove any staining. May stain cloth.
Precautions: Shouldn't come in contact with any metal.
Packaging: Plastic Zip-Lock Stand-Up Pouches
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 10-15 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA)
References: Natural Cosmetic Clays Purchase Guide