Chamomile (Blue) Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Tanacetum annum
Plant Part: Flowers
Description / Color / Consistency: A bluish to green liquid with a medium viscosity.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A strong middle note, this Chamomile has a sweetish, warm and spicy herbaceous scent.
Blends With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Geranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli, Tea Tree, Rose, Lemon and Ylang-ylang.
Product Abstract: Also called Blue Tansy and Moroccan Chamomile, the plant grows to 90-125 cm high with very hairy leaves and tubular yellow flowers, surrounded by white ligulets. Native to northwest Africa and southern Spain, it probably evolved from the very common Ormenis species that grows all around the Mediterranean but which does not have the blue colour. It has many of the same qualities as Roman chamomile, except that it has the highest percentage of azulene of all the chamomiles. It is used in many commercial cosmetic products targeting consumers who prefer all natural ingredients.
- Cosmetic Grade: Nepal
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high-end cosmetic formulations and can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days