French Green Clay comes from the sedimentation of Silico-aluminum, its coloring the result of the oxides contained in these rocks. Its unique composition includes Iron, Silica, Aluminum, Magnesium, Calcium, Titanium, Sodium, and Potassium. French Green Clay is prepared for the commercial market by a process of sun-drying and crushing. After the clay has been mined, it is spread in the sun to remove excess water. It is then ground by large hydraulic crushers and micronized, or finely pulverized. The last stage in the process is a final period of sun-drying to remove the last traces of water.
- French Green Clay absorbs and removes impurities from the skin, revealing the fresh surface of the skin to provide a healthy-looking glow.
- When prepared as a mask, the clay dries on the skin causing pores to tighten and the skin starts to feel firm, toned and refreshed.
- French Green Clay can be used in mineral baths to promote relaxation of the body and a sense of well-being.
- Colour: Light Green
- Texture: Fine Powder
Skin Suitability: Normal/Oily Skin
Applications: Handmade Soaps, Face masks, Face Scrubs
Shelf Life*: 2 Years
*Shelf Life begins on the date of manufacture and is defined as the shelf life of an ingredient when it is stored and handled properly. The Shelf Life is offered as a general guideline. It should not be considered to be an expiration date. Many ingredients are usable beyond the stated date, especially when stored and handled very carefully.
Storage: Store in a non-metal airtight container at room temperature away from sunlight.
Caution: Clays should always be first tried using a "patch" test to see if it suits the skin. Also, some clays are rich in iron oxide and may be absorbed by the pores and result in staining of the skin. Always follow up with coconut oil massage to remove any staining. May stain cloth.
Packaging: Plastic Zip-Lock Stand-Up Pouches
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 10-15 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA)
References: Natural Cosmetic Clays Purchase Guide