Description: Ester of isopropyl alcohol and myristic acid (vegetable-derived). Low viscosity fluid non-greasy emollient, tolerates wide pH range, compatible with most surfactants. Thanks to its low viscosity and density, it has a high spreadability. Colorless oil-like liquid. No or little odor. Water-insoluble, but soluble with silicones, and hydrocarbons. Specific gravity 0.85 (at 20°C).
INCI Name: Isopropyl myristate
- Superior emollient for non-greasy bath, body and baby oils
- Lubricant and compression aid for pressed powders
- Light & non-tacky emollient for creams and lotions. Readily adsorbed by the skin
- When used at high concentrations it gently lifts makeup and surface dirt
- Gives gloss and shine to hair
- Resistant to oxidation (does not become rancid)
- Widely used as diluent for fragrance oils.
Use: Can be added to formulas as is, add to oil phase. Typical use level 1-20%. Required HLB: 11.5.
Storage: Stable when kept in a closed container at a cool & dry place. For external use only.
Applications: Creams, lotions, hand creams, shampoo, shower gels, makeup removers, powders and foundations.
Country of Origin: India
Raw material source: Vegetable oils (myristic acid) and isopropanol
Manufacture: Isopropyl myristate is produced by distillation, which is preceded by the esterification of myristic acid and isopropanol, alkali refined to neutralize the catalyst.
Animal Testing: Not animal tested
GMO: GMO free (does not contain plant-derived components)
Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived components
Quantities 500ml and above will be dispatched in 8-9 working days.