Also known as White Cosmetic Clay, China Clay, White Clay, Chalk, and White Dirt, Kaolin has a variety of uses. Soap makers often use it in shaving soaps and creams as it adds slip while being safe and is generally non-sensitizing. This soft and gentle clay can also be mixed with water to form facial masks that help to remove oil from the skin reduces the unwanted oily shine on the nose. Other applications include the formulation of natural deodorants, poultices, and scrubs.
- Absorbs oil - Kaolin clay absorbs excess oil and sebum from the skin, making it look naturally matte and soft. Although the absorbing properties aren’t as great as bentonite clay, it deep cleanses the pores without stripping the natural oils of your skin.
- Calms skin irritation - Be it a heat rash or bug bite, Kaolin clay has calming and healing properties that soothe skin inflammation when applied topically.
- Cleans hair and scalp - Kaolin clay can also be used as a shampoo to remove dirt, oil, and other impurities from your scalp. It promotes blood circulation, thereby strengthening the roots.
- Colour: Silver White
- Texture: Fine Powder
Important Note: The Titanium Dioxide found in this product is naturally occurring in the Kaolin Clay.
Skin Suitability: Oily/Dry/Sensitive Skin.
Applications: Handmade Soaps, Face masks, Face Scrubs
Shelf Life*: 2 Years
*Shelf Life begins on the date of manufacture and is defined as the shelf life of an ingredient when it is stored and handled properly. The Shelf Life is offered as a general guideline. It should not be considered to be an expiration date. Many ingredients are usable beyond the stated date, especially when stored and handled very carefully.
Storage: Store in a non-metal airtight container at room temperature away from sunlight.
Caution: Clays should always be first tried using a "patch" test to see if it suits the skin. Also, some clays are rich in iron oxide and may be absorbed by the pores and result in staining of the skin. Always follow up with coconut oil massage to remove any staining. May stain cloth.
Precautions: Shouldn't come in contact with any metal.
Packaging: Plastic Zip-Lock Stand-Up Pouches
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 10-15 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA)
References: Natural Cosmetic Clays Purchase Guide