Niacinamide is one of the two forms of vitamin B3 (the other is niacin) and can be found in many foods including yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. Water-soluble form of niacin, an essential vitamin of the B group, known as vitamin B3. Purity 99-100 %, pH 6-7.5 (5% water solution). White powder, practically odorless. Easily soluble in water & ethanol, soluble in glycerol.
INCI Name: Niacinamide
- USP grade
- Has soothing activity useful for blemished skin
- Can improve the appearance of aged, hyperpigmented and photodamaged skin
- Can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- When combined with vitamin A palmitate, niacinamide showed enhanced skin lightening properties
Use: Add to water phase of formula or directly into a finished cream or cream base. Typical concentration is 1-6 %, with 5% being a typical and effective concentration. For external use only. Avoid adding to an acidic product, ideal final pH of product should be 6. Should not be combined with l-asorbic acid. It can hydrolyze and form nicotinic acid at higher or lower pH, which can result in skin irritation. For external use only.
Applications: Products for blemished skin, lotions, creams, sun care & after sun products, makeup products, anti-aging products.
Country of Origin: India
Raw material source: Starting material is 3-methyl-1 ,5-diaminopentane
Manufacture: Niacinamide is made synthetically. 3-methyl-1 ,5-diaminopentane is processed to picoline (3-methylpyridine), which is ammoxidated and then biocatalytically hydrolysed to niacinamide.
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 6-7 working days