Botanical Name: Origanum Compactum Benth
Plant Part: Herb
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, dark grey liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a strong aroma, Oregano Essential Oil has a powerful, spicy, camphorous scent.
Blends With: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Chamomile, Cypress, Cedarwood, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus.
Product Abstract: Oregano is an upright perennial herb, growing to about thirty-two inches with a straight stem covered in hair. The leaves are dark green and oval in shape, and it has a profusion of pink flowers clustered at the top of the branches. Its name is actually derived from the Greek phrase, 'joy of the mountains'. Just married couples were crowned with wreaths of Oregano, and it was placed on graves to give peace to departed spirits.
- Steam-Distilled: Spain
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).