Pine Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Pinus sylvestris
Plant Part: Needles and Twigs
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Pine Organic Essential Oil has a fresh forest smell.
Blends With: Citronella, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Juniper, Lavender, Myrrh, Rosemary, Spikenardand Tea Tree.
Product Abstract: This evergreen tree can grow up to 40 meters (130 feet) and has a flat crown. The bark is a reddish-brown that is deeply fissured with needle-like gray-green leaves that grow in pairs, orange-yellow flowers, and pointed brown cones. It is not as readily available as regular pine trees accounting for the price discrepancy. It was used by the Native Americans to prevent scurvy and the needles were used to stuff mattresses and to repel lice and fleas. The ancient Egyptians used the kernels in their cooking, just as today we enjoy the highly nutritious pine nut.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days