Botanical Name: Pelargonium roseum x asperum.
Plant Part: Leaves.
Description / Colour / Consistency: A thin, clear, very pale bluish-green to brownish liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a medium aroma, the scent is typical of geranium but with a rosy note.
Blends With: Bay, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ho Wood, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Palma Rosa, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood.
Product Abstract: A native of South Africa, this flower is unusual in that the leaves can vary widely among the different varieties of Geranium, and they carry the fragrance of the plant, which ranges from very strong to having little or no scent. Geranium Essential Oil is usually used in combination with other floral essential oils, often with Lavender or to soften more herbaceous scents; but Rose Geranium is often used to extend the more expensive Rose oils or the endangered Rosewood Oil when it is available. This oil is a staple for formulators who rely on essential oils for their high-end fragrance profiles.
- Steam-Distilled: Madagascar
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).