Botanical Name: Salvia officinalis
1, 8-Cineol: 13%
Plant Part: Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow to greenish yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a medium aroma, Sage Essential Oil has a herbaceous scent with strong musty notes.
Blends With: Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon, Origanum and Rosemary.
Product Abstract: Salvia officinalis from the Ladiatae family is also known as Garden Sage and True Sage. Sage is an evergreen perennial herb with a woody base, soft gray-green oval leaves and a mass of blue or violet flowers that can grow up to about 60 cm tall. The Latin word salvare means 'heal' or 'save’. The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that it imparted wisdom, thus its name; and through the Middle Ages, it continued to be used for memory loss.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).