Clary Sage Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea L.
Plant Part: Leaves and Flowers
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin colorless to yellow-brown, often pale yellow clear thin liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of medium aroma, Clary Sage Essential Oil has a herbaceous with sweet, floral aroma.
Blends With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile German, Chamomile Roman, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Ylang-ylang.
Product Abstract: Clary Sage is a short biennial or perennial herb that grows up to 1 meter in height (approximately 3 feet). It has large, hairy leaves with small bluish-purple flowers. The name is derived from the Latin word claris for 'clear', and by the Middle Ages it was known as Oculus Christi, or the Eye of Christ. During the sixteenth century it was used in England as a replacement for hops when brewing beer. Clary Sage Oil can be diffused to create a peaceful atmosphere. It is also used in formulating natural perfumes.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).