Botanical Name: Coriandrum sativum
Plant Part: Seeds
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Coriander Essential Oil has a slightly sweet, spicy, herbaceous smell similar to that of cilantro, offering a middle note with a medium aroma.
Blends With: Coriander Essential Oil blends particularly well with Bergamot, Cinnamon Bark , Grapefruit, Lemon, Neroli and Orange.
Product Abstract: Coriander is a delicate annual herb with several branches having lacy leaves with jagged edges. The plant grows to a height of 1 to 3 feet with small pinkish-white flowers. The aromatic seeds are round and yellowish brown when ripe. Its name was from the Greek word koris, or 'bed bug' owing to the fact that the globose seeds smell like these insects until they ripen and emit a pleasant, spicy aroma. Coriander is indigenous to Egypt and the seeds were found in the tomb of Tutankhamen. It was one of the plants that were grown in the famous Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Both ancient Egyptians and Greeks believed coriander had aphrodisiac properties and used the seeds to flavour their wines. In 1510 the Benedictine monks documented using them as an ingredient in their herbal tonic known as Benedictine, the Carthusian Monks used them to make Chartreuse in the 1740's, and the Carmelite order in France used coriander seeds with lemon balm, lemon zest, angelica root and nutmeg in their 17th century eau de toilette known as Carmelite Waters. In India, the seeds are still used for cooking.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).