Botanical Name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
Plant Part: Leaves
Description: Lemongrass is a fast growing, tall, aromatic perennial grass that grows up to 1.5 metres (4 feet) in height. It is native to Asia, but is now cultivated mostly in the West Indies, Africa, and Tropical Asia.
Color: Yellow to brownish yellow liquid.
Common Uses: Lemongrass Essential Oil is known for its invigorating and cleansing properties. It can be used in facial toners as its astringent properties may assist in reducing the look of oily or greasy skin. With its uplifting aroma, Lemongrass Essential Oil strengthens the senses and can be used in bath for soothing purposes. Lemongrass shares similar properties with citronella.
Strength of Aroma: Strong
Blends well with: Pine, Thyme, Lavender, Rosemary, Marjoram, Cedarwood and Lemon.
Aromatic Scent: Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil has a fresh earthy, citrusy scent.
History: Traditional Indian medicine has used Lemongrass Essential Oil to treat infectious illness and fever.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).