Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
1,8 Cineol: 2.39%
Plant Part: Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Tee Tree has a fresh, slightly medicinal scent with characteristic woody, camphoraceous notes.
Blends With: Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Rosewood, Rosemary and Thyme.
Product Abstract: The Tea Tree is a small tree or shrub with needle-like leaves. It is also domestically referred to as Ti-Tree. It can grow up to 7 meters (20 feet) in height and thrives in marshy areas, though it is now cultivated in plantations. The aboriginal people of Australia have long used Tea tree Oil. Historically, the leaves were used as a substitute for tea, which is how it got its name. In World War II, the producers and the cutters of Tea Tree were exempt from military service until enough essential oil had been accumulated to accommodate the military's needs. Tea Tree is very robust and is ready for cutting only two years after its previous harvest. As Essential Oils have become more accepted by the public, the use of Tea Tree Oil has increased significantly. This is readily seen in the commercial products now using Tea Tree, although this grade is best used for therapeutic applications. This is one of the very few Essential Oils that can be applied to the skin 'neat', or without dilution, at a maximum rate of 3 drops.
- Cosmetic Grade: Australia
- Steam-Distilled: Australia
- Organic Grade: Australia
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).