Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
1,8 Cineol: 2.39%
Plant Part: Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Tee Tree has a fresh, slightly medicinal scent with characteristic woody, camphoraceous notes.
Blends With: Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Rosewood, Rosemary and Thyme.
Product Abstract: The Tea Tree is a small tree or shrub with needle-like leaves. It is also domestically referred to as Ti-Tree. It can grow up to 7 meters (20 feet) in height and thrives in marshy areas, though it is now cultivated in plantations. The aboriginal people of Australia have long used Tea tree Oil. Historically, the leaves were used as a substitute for tea, which is how it got its name. In World War II, the producers and the cutters of Tea Tree were exempt from military service until enough essential oil had been accumulated to accommodate the military's needs. Tea Tree is very robust and is ready for cutting only two years after its previous harvest. As Essential Oils have become more accepted by the public, the use of Tea Tree Oil has increased significantly. This is readily seen in the commercial products now using Tea Tree, although this grade is best used for therapeutic applications. This is one of the very few Essential Oils that can be applied to the skin 'neat', or without dilution, at a maximum rate of 3 drops.
- Cosmetic Grade: Australia
- Steam-Distilled: Australia
- Organic Grade: Australia
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are also Certified Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT)
Cautions: This Essential Oil has phototoxic properties and exposure to the sun must be avoided after application to the skin. Due to their presence, please consult a physician prior to using this oil. Dilute well before use; May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in metal containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.