Botanical Name: Vetiveria Zizanoides
Plant Part: Root
Description / Color / Consistency: Has a medium consistency, and is a brown to reddish brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A base note with a strong aroma, has an earthy, woody scent characteristic of oils derived from roots, with a rich note that is popular in products designed for men.
Blends With: Cedarwood, Chamomile, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Vanilla, and Ylang-ylang.
Product Abstract: Vetiver Essential Oil is distilled from the roots of a grass used in India and Sri Lanka for the creation of woven matting. It is used in and aromatherapy and massage therapy, in skin-care products, and as a base note in perfumery. The word vetiver comes from the Tamil word that means 'hatcheted up', a description of the way in which the roots are collected.
Note: This oil can be very thick. If so, we would recommend placing the bottle in a very hot water bath, and changing the water frequently until it is back to its liquid state, then gently agitating it before use.
- Steam-Distilled: India
- Organic Grade: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).